Saturday

Recognition

How does it feel when standing at some place with lots of unknown faces you suddenly have a glimpse of someone known, a possibility of talking to someone to at least kill a bit of time or may be catch-up on some news current or old.

something similar happened to me this evening but with a difference …

It so happened that I went to meet someone, and reached before time so had some time to explore surrounding area. Strolling in nearby 'bazaar', I was hopelessly looking for a familiar face, a known fellow to chat, to kill time. Just then I caught a glimpse of someone in an adjoining shop, delighted I tilted my head back to catch that knowing smile again, it smiled back at me, my heart leaped at such a familiar face, he seemed so known, I could talk to him, say Hi! share stories ... within a millionth of a second these thoughts raised past, I could se the same twinkle in his eyes as in mine...just as I was coming to terms with these thoughts I saw the twinkle fading in that very familiar face, it was only in the next millionth of that second itself I realized that, that was a mirror and the very familiar face I was eagerly looking at was none other than me, mimicking back the same feelings and expressions I was having, but from the restraints of that mirror.

well a short story indeed but I found this incident so amusing to myself that I thought to pen it down on my blog and wait for another such similar happening coming from any of my readers and friends.